Coming home from our trip (and yes, this little school is definitely another home to me now)... coming home was blissful. I was so happy to be back with the kids. And to be back where I knew the toilets and the sheets were clean. :)
I would give you a day to day breakdown, but I think I will just list all the wonderful things that have happened since I returned.
- Expansion of our program in the colonies. We are now visiting 2 colonies a week. This may not sound like much, but it's a huge step in the direction we've been hoping for.
- Building a great foundation for documentation
- Arrival of the new Dance Master (Her name is Melana. She's wonderful. And it turns out that we met once before at a mutual friend's house). She's perfect for this program!
- Dance, dance, and more dance! Two days a week on the colonies=more classes during the other days to make up for lost time
- Going to Katchipurum to get blessed by the elephants at the elephant house
- Paperwork (so much paperwork!)
- Rainy season finally began, though only after a week without rain. So, when it did finally rain again, we (Melana, me, and other volunteers) danced in the courtyard. We got soaked!
- Working with all of the beautiful children again. I'm so glad that they're back!!!
There's no place like India, and there is no place like this school. I sure love this place!