Monday, October 25, 2010

Back in school! Days Eighteen through Twenty-two in India

As I posted earlier, I got the chance to go to Delhi and Agra. And it was a wonderful trip, but I will post about that adventure later. What I really want to blog on is the joy of being back at the school.

Coming home from our trip (and yes, this little school is definitely another home to me now)... coming home was blissful. I was so happy to be back with the kids. And to be back where I knew the toilets and the sheets were clean. :)

I would give you a day to day breakdown, but I think I will just list all the wonderful things that have happened since I returned.
  • Expansion of our program in the colonies. We are now visiting 2 colonies a week. This may not sound like much, but it's a huge step in the direction we've been hoping for.
  • Building a great foundation for documentation
  • Arrival of the new Dance Master (Her name is Melana. She's wonderful. And it turns out that we met once before at a mutual friend's house). She's perfect for this program!
  • Dance, dance, and more dance! Two days a week on the colonies=more classes during the other days to make up for lost time
  • Going to Katchipurum to get blessed by the elephants at the elephant house
  • Paperwork (so much paperwork!)
  • Rainy season finally began, though only after a week without rain. So, when it did finally rain again, we (Melana, me, and other volunteers) danced in the courtyard. We got soaked!
  • Working with all of the beautiful children again. I'm so glad that they're back!!!
There's no place like India, and there is no place like this school. I sure love this place!


1 comment:

  1. Happy to see you blogging again. I was thinking of you the other day and wondering when we'd hear from you again. Keep it up; I live an adventurous life vicariously through you.

    ReplyDelete